Laptop for Security\Penetration Testing\Virtualization + mild gaming. (Dell 7577??)

Feb 26, 2018
Hi all.
I am coming up on an IT\Cyber Security course that requires me to have a personal laptop (work laptop has strict security regulations). I Will most likley be playing around with Virtualization a bit, which requires as much RAM as possible. After weeks of looking around, i found that my hardward specs (Quad core i7-7700), 16-32 RAM, SSD + 1TB HD) pretty much sits in the same pricing ball park as a mid-range gaming laptop. Even though i am mostly play on PS4, i still wouldnt mid the option of firing up some games here and there...but bottom line is that the GPU is not my top priority.

This is the laptop I'm currently looking at:

Dell 7577
i7-7700HQ
16G RAM
256SSD = 1TB HHD 5400
1060 Max-q 6gb
FHD IPS panel

Can anyone recommend if this laptop, which is labeled as a mid-range gaming laptop, could fit my requirements as stated above, or are there better options on the table. The price of this laptop here is pricier than in the US (about $400 more) , but the price does come with 3 years warranty.

thanks.

Solution
Gaming and Visualisimg are onerequirement and penetration testing is another. I use a small netbook for the latter and it runs Kali quite nicely.
Feb 26, 2018

Thanks for the reply. Allow me to try and give a better picture in terms of requirements and usage.

I am going to be learning\working on Network offense and defense, web hacking, intrusion detection and prevention, network monitoring,etc. For this i am anticipating that i will need a good CPU and enough memory, especially if i need to build some VM's. In the long run, this laptop will be for home use, which is where it will be for 95% of the time.I honestly am not sure why i am stuck on the Dell 7577. I took a look at some Asus laptops, which are cheaper, but im not sure of their build quality, and forget about gaming at all. The 7577, as i've heard and read, has good cooling, good build quality, and easy to access option for modified\changing out parts.

No real question from my side, but if you have anything to add feel free.

thanks.