Laptop from 2012, worth the upgrade? (for business)

May 5, 2018
So, I have an old notebook from 2012; Compaq Presario CQ57. Here are the specs:

RAM: 2GB 1333 MHz DDR3 SDRAM + 1 free slot
CPU: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU B815 @ 1.60GHz
HDD: ATA Disk, ST320LT020-9YG14, Seagate, 320GB
GPU: Intel HD 3000

Basically, this notebook does its job pretty well when you do work online (some programming and mainly using the browser). I can easily listen to music on one tab on YouTube, and have some 3-4 tabs open without TOO MUCH lag.

As I see that there is one free slot for RAM memory, do you guys think that it's worth to snatch some more memory. Would it make any BIG difference with multitasking, when you consider the CPU and the HDD?

I'm asking this question, because I'm on a very, very low budget, as I'm planning to travel around this summer, but need a notebook to get some work done. And I don't need this laptop for gaming or other stuff, just work which consists of slight programming, writing text and opening many tabs in browser.

Thanks in advance. :)

Solution
If you must upgrade your ram, look for a kit. This link tells me that you can drop in an 8GB kit into your laptop. Meaning you should look for a 2x4GB DDR3 1333MHz 1.5v ram kit off Ebay. You can also add an SSD to give you a snappier experience.

I would go for ram and an SSD if I were you and had the funds for it.

Please be forewarned, I don't advocate mixing and matching rams to get a cumulative number/capacity. It only brings more headaches from troubleshooting.

Lutfij

Splendid
If you must upgrade your ram, look for a kit. This link tells me that you can drop in an 8GB kit into your laptop. Meaning you should look for a 2x4GB DDR3 1333MHz 1.5v ram kit off Ebay. You can also add an SSD to give you a snappier experience.

I would go for ram and an SSD if I were you and had the funds for it.

Please be forewarned, I don't advocate mixing and matching rams to get a cumulative number/capacity. It only brings more headaches from troubleshooting.

Solution