Honorable
May 20, 2013
So my laptop is an Asus U47A-BGR4 which has the following specs:
windows 10 64-bit
i7-2640m 2.80ghz 4 core
intel HD 3000
8gb DDR3 RAM
120GB SSD

My issue is whenever I'm playing a game like cs:go it would be smooth like butter for a couple minute or a minute or even halve a minute and then it will stutter like crazy then go back to normal. Its not only csgo but other games like league of legends, heroes of the storm, and diablo 3. Game it doesn't happen is hearthstone, since its hearthstone a very basic game. I tried setting v-sync, cleaning out the fans, and even using a different OS like windows 7 but it still happens. Now for 2 mins in csgo the fan does start to blow out some hard heat but the fan isn't going super fast. So i figured it wouldn't be overheating.

Solution
The cpu is overheating as it is reaching 90 in the test you have linked. Also is your power plan set to max performance? It could also be that the fans are not working properly as it should be on when this happens.

Tommysketch

Honorable
May 20, 2013

Actually I recently did a thermal test. Here my results. I think it is over-heating but i applied a little bit of thermal paste. What I'm guessing is the thermal paste I used was bad. When it came out the tube it came out keeping its cylinder shape. almost rubber like.

http://imgur.com/a/rQH4c