Laptop goes into hibernation during games then runs terrible after resuming windows

rifty

Commendable
Dec 23, 2016
Hi, so i recently bought a brand new asus gaming laptop model is GL552W and recently its been working fine for about a month, been doing games flawlessly. However about 2 weeks ago and up to today (why im making this) it would play games perfectly then all of a sudden go into hibernation mode. no warning or anything. i would turn it back on and the "windows is resuming" would appear but the laptop would be so laggy i can't even pull up taskmgr or windows explorer. anybody know why this is happening? (it usually fixes itself when restarted and doesnt happen often.)

(my model has 8gb of DDR4 ram instead of 16gb)

Solution
Disable hibernation. Open a command prompt as admin. Type in powercfg.exe /hibernate off.

Does it have an ssd in it?? If it does you dont need hibernation

rifty

Commendable
Dec 23, 2016

It doesnt have a ssd in it yet but im planning to upgrade it to a m.2 or ssd soon

Zemrak

Estimable
Jan 29, 2016
It seems that any of the system file is corrupt you may use the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe) to determine which file is causing the issue, and then replace the file. Follow the link given below for the same.