Laptop gpu usage does weird

Feb 25, 2018
Hello,

I’ve bought a laptop last year and feel like it’s underperforming.
The first thing i noticed was that the gpu usage was always at 100% when playing any game.
I checked how many cpu cores were enabled in the system configs and it showed 2, even though i had a quad core cpu. I checkmarked 4 and restarted my pc, the cpu usage is now an avg of 40 percent, max ive seen is 70. Yet i felt like something is wrong, so when playing a game i checked task manager and saw i only had 50% gpu usage even though my cpu usage was 45%?
Isn’t the gpu supposed to go up to 99% unless the cpu bottlenecks? I’m sure the cpu isn’t bottlenecking because the the usage never goes high anymore.

Does anyone have an idea why the gpu usage doesn’t go past 50%?
I have to say my laptop is pretty bad but i should do better i think.

Cpu : Amd A10 9600p
Gpu : Amd crossfire, R7 M340 and R5 graphics.
Game : Overwatch, i get under 30 fps on the lowest settings possible....

Solution

Yup, you should. After that it should be working fine, if this happens in other games then do it aswell.
Mar 31, 2018

The game is obviously using both of them GPU and APU to run the game because of the crossfire.

Disable integrated graphics. Because if you run it with the R5 Graphics, it wont go far more than 30fps since it's the APU's graphics. And I don't think it's a good idea "crossfiring" both of them.

By the way, the GPU usage is OK. Since it's not that powerful to pull the game off to 70FPS, it should be always 100% when playing.

Feb 25, 2018

So i should just disable crossfire on Overwatch?

Feb 25, 2018

So i should just disable crossfire on Overwatch?

Mar 31, 2018

Yup, you should. After that it should be working fine, if this happens in other games then do it aswell.

Solution