Laptop Graphics Card sometimes missing.

gauravweb

Commendable
Jul 29, 2016
Hi,

I have Samsung NP300E5Z-S0AIN (Intel Core i3, 4 GB DDR-3 RAM, 750 GB HDD, Nvidia GeForce GT 520 MX 1 GB Graphics Card). Sometimes my graphics card is not detected by my system. It does not show in device manager. I have attached some snapshot. How should I fix this.

Graphics Card :

Graphics Card Not Found :

Graphics Card Again :

Solution
it's definitely a possibility. Sounds like you definitely have a hardware related issue somewhere. it could be a short, could be a faulty charger. It might be a good idea to take it to a repair technician to run some diagnostic tests, unless you have the equipment to test your own hardware.

gauravweb

Commendable
Jul 29, 2016

I have already tried the latest driver. But when the Card is not listed in Device Manager the driver installation window says No Supported Device Found

gauravweb

Commendable
Jul 29, 2016
I have an update. Previously my TouchPad was not working fine. The touchpad works fine when I start my laptop but after 15-20 mins it does not work as expected. So I started using a wireless mouse. Recently for some reasons I was using wired mouse and I found that the wired mouse is also not working properly. So I changed the mouse and it was still happening with the other one. Somehow I noticed that the same mouse is working fine when I operate my laptop on battery (i.e. without the charger). Whenever I connect the charger mouse started acting funny. However I does not happen with wireless mouse. I am clueless on this. But while experimenting with all this I also noticed that when I turn on the Laptop without the Charger, graphics card is listed in device manager and still remains when I connect the charger. However after a 30-45 mins (charger is still connected) my laptop crashes with blue screen. Is it possible that my laptop is facing some power issues ?

it's definitely a possibility. Sounds like you definitely have a hardware related issue somewhere. it could be a short, could be a faulty charger. It might be a good idea to take it to a repair technician to run some diagnostic tests, unless you have the equipment to test your own hardware.

Solution

gauravweb

Commendable
Jul 29, 2016
I live in a pretty backward are where I dont expect any technician to have knowledge to execute such tests. Please suggest me the hardware required and "how to" about the same.