Solved! Laptop has extremely slow internet speed

Oct 10, 2020
For the past week or so my laptop has had extremely slow internet speeds, usually around 500kbps-5mbps. Any other device connected to the same access point gets around 30-50mbps. I've reinstalled windows, updated all my drivers, ran multiple virus scans, spent 2 hours with microsoft support for them to tell me it's an isp issue, and tried every fix i could find online.
I've got an msi (gf63 thin 9rcx-818, intel i7-9750H, gtx 1050) laptop, windows 10 home edition

Solution
You might try rolling back to an older driver. That has occasionally helped me with a problem like this. Look at the date on the wireless drivers and see if they are recent. You might also look to see what protocol your laptop is using to connect (if your router tells you that). Perhaps there is some sort of strange problem in the wireless adapter and it reverted to an older, slower protocol.
You might try rolling back to an older driver. That has occasionally helped me with a problem like this. Look at the date on the wireless drivers and see if they are recent. You might also look to see what protocol your laptop is using to connect (if your router tells you that). Perhaps there is some sort of strange problem in the wireless adapter and it reverted to an older, slower protocol.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS