Solved! Laptop HDD not being detected after the keyboard got hit with a basketball.

Jul 3, 2019
So everything was fine until it got hit with a basketball right above the hdd area. Now when i turn it on it says no bootable devices detected. I hope my hdd's fine. Other than that i cant get into the laptop under the keyboard because of stripped screws. If i could then id figure out if something was wrong with the cables.

Solution
If the methods seen aren't working, and there are lot of them online, then you likely need to have them removed by someone who can drill them out. I would not try that yourself! Risky. Especially with such small screws.

I would suggest calmly talking to your parents, when they are calm, about getting it looked at and seeing what the cost would be before having the work done. This way you can determine if it will be worth the repair or if a new device is needed.

I suggest in the future not keeping any electronics where they can be hit like that. :)
You are going to need to get into the laptop. Either yourself or take it to a tech who can do so (and replace the screws as well).

Either your drive has been dislodged and just needs to be reconnected. Which would be the best case, or it is damaged and needs replacing. Either way, you need to get into it to find out for sure.

Jul 3, 2019
You are going to need to get into the laptop. Either yourself or take it to a tech who can do so (and replace the screws as well).

Either your drive has been dislodged and just needs to be reconnected. Which would be the best case, or it is damaged and needs replacing. Either way, you need to get into it to find out for sure.

Thanks for the help. Wouldve gone to a tech but my dads pretty heated so that would take long. Any ideas how I can remove the screws myself? YT videos won't help much. Those methods arent working.

If the methods seen aren't working, and there are lot of them online, then you likely need to have them removed by someone who can drill them out. I would not try that yourself! Risky. Especially with such small screws.

I would suggest calmly talking to your parents, when they are calm, about getting it looked at and seeing what the cost would be before having the work done. This way you can determine if it will be worth the repair or if a new device is needed.

I suggest in the future not keeping any electronics where they can be hit like that. :)

Solution
Jul 3, 2019
Well I dont blame them for being angry at me for practicing basketball in my room :p. So that really is the only way? Well then, wish me luck for getting this through my dad. There is a computer repair shop pretty near but I cant go there myself. Maybe I'll just have to wait for my birthday next month XD.

Thanks a lot for the help.