Question Laptop Headphone Jack Only Playing Through Left

Oct 12, 2019
Recently purchased an MSI GF72 8RD, within the month.

Within the last week (noticed within the last few days), my headphone jack has not been playing audio on the right side. If the headphones are plugged halfway, I get audio on both, but that's mono, and any sounds panned to the far right can't be heard.

Problems seemed to have occurred when I popped the laptop open to install an HDD. I noticed the headphone jack wasn't in line with the shell after screwing it back together. It's now inline after applying a tiny bit of leverage, but the issue still persists.

I've tried different headphones. Compressed air in the port. Reinstalled drivers. Mixer balance is equal.

I'm a bit worried I've Removed up and have caused a hardware problem, even though the laptop was not open for very long when inserting the HDD. Is it possible I may have dislodged something when popping it open/putting it back together? Anything else I could try?

As a music producer, this is a bit annoying, to say the least. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
SaHa00 Laptop General Discussion 1
zeezeear Laptop General Discussion 5
wolfman0987 Laptop General Discussion 1
I Laptop General Discussion 1
R Laptop General Discussion 2
K Laptop General Discussion 1
Dravenzo Laptop General Discussion 1
P Laptop General Discussion 1
I Laptop General Discussion 3
M Laptop General Discussion 2