Laptop high temperature issue

Mar 24, 2018
Guys i am having problem with temps in my asus gl553vd fy103t laptop the heatsink and fan are fine and cleaned every 3 months regularly it is only a year old and the cpu temps are 87c and gpu temps are 85 c even when gpu usage below 85% and cpu at 47% will the temps kill my gpu and cpu too fast or can u suggest any other help to lower them also there is good airflow. i use it mainly for gaming any suggestions to drop the temp if they are harmful or is it okay for laptop also i am unable to see any temp throtlling in gpu but cpu comes down to 2.3 ghz and turbo boost is disabled
Specs
Cpu i7 7700hq
GPU gtx 1050
RAM stock 8gb
No cooling pads are used as i see no difference with them

Solution
If those are temps at full load, those temps are OK for a laptop with a gaming video card and more powerful CPU.

Yes higher temps can cause hardware failure sooner, but not much you can do aside from keeping the system raised a bit with a laptop cooling pad device or a small fan blowing on it.
If those are temps at full load, those temps are OK for a laptop with a gaming video card and more powerful CPU.

Yes higher temps can cause hardware failure sooner, but not much you can do aside from keeping the system raised a bit with a laptop cooling pad device or a small fan blowing on it.

Solution
Mar 24, 2018

Can u please specify how long can the hardware last if it is used around 4 hours a day

1 year 4 months and 4 days. Maybe 5 days.

Or no way to tell since hardware failures are not easy to predict. One of those two.

You are dealing with a chance of something happening, you can't predict when or how it will happen. Like a meteor hitting Earth, there is a chance it can happen in the long run, but no-one can say when it will happen. It may be a small chance of a larger chance if we lived in a place with a lot of rocks floating around us. So if laptop is always running at full load, it has a greater chance of failing than one that is not, but there is no way to tell when it will fail.

BFG-9000

Respectable
Sep 17, 2016
They are designed to run that hot intentionally to keep the fan noise down. The processor doesn't throttle until Tjunction is 100C and the only electrolytic caps inside are polymer.

The thing that will probably kill it first is a solder lead eventually cracking from the extreme thermal cycling, so keeping it hot all of the time could actually prolong its life. A laptop cooing pad may not lower temperatures because the internal fans slow down to compensate, but that could extend the life of the internal fans.