Laptop Intel HD 5500 Graphics Black Square Blanket

Nathan_6

Estimable
Sep 15, 2015
Hello - I recently (one week ago) bought a new laptop with integrated Intel HD 5500 graphics and when I try to play anything I can move around and see the game, but the game is covered by a blanket of tiny little black squares. My laptop is fast and can do everything fine, except anything that needs the graphic card. I can't emulate android phone games, I can't play League of Legends or any Minecraft, or any game as far as I can tell. Anybody ever had or seen this before?

I'm really sorry, I'm new here and I don't know how to post pictures, so I've included the link to my Intel support thread, where I have three pictures posted. Sorry. If I could figure out how to link them directly here, I would.

Link to pictures: https://communities.intel.com/thread/107530

The pictures didn't come in the post. You could try updating the drivers and see if that resolves your issue.

That said, if the laptop is that new, you should really be contacting the manufacturer or the place of purchase about the issues. If the graphics card is not functioning correctly, then need to repair or replace it.

Nathan_6

Estimable
Sep 15, 2015

Hey Web, thanks for your super quick reply!! You can't see the pictures on the link? If I open the link it opens the Intel support thread that I have made, and there are 2 pictures at the top of the thread and one down further towards the bottom. I have installed 3 different drivers, trying to find the correct one, and they all have the same problem. Maybe it is a hardware issue. :(