Laptop internal speaker issue...please help me

Syam sudesh

Estimable
Nov 8, 2015
hey i have asus x550ld- xx064d windows 8.1 64bit laptop and i got some issue with it and i need your help. My laptops left internal speaker sounds lesser than that of right ,ie the left has more terrible feel and is quieter than that of right one. I have checked all the audio balance test, uninstalled and reinstalled audio driver, nothing resolved. I just connected a pair of external speakers but the result was different. Is it a hardware issue. please guide me.

Hi,

I would suggest the same troubleshooting step that you've already tried like uninstalling/reinstalling the sound card driver and testing an external speaker. If the external speaker is working normally that means it's a problem with the built in speaker and a replacement or repair is needed. If it's still covered by the factory warranty do contact Asus Support for a repair.

Syam sudesh

Estimable
Nov 8, 2015
Hey laptop_Nerd thanks for your valuable feedback. Unfortunatily iam out of warranty.
I just contacted the asus india customer service and arranged an onsite repair. They informed me about the Diagnosing charge, visiting charge and service charge and they said that built in speaker price will be charged by the asus service guy who is visiting my residence and they don't know the price.
Could you help me how much it will cost.( because the diagnosing charge + visiting charge + service charge is INR 1650 ie $28.)
Thanks in advance.