laptop is displaying 17.3in when screen is 15.6in

ritivik

Estimable
Aug 21, 2015
my screen is a generic pnp. the dispay is kinda warped. i took a hdd from a 17.3 inch laptop and replaced it with the one from my 15.6inch bc it broke. thanks for the help

Solution
Check the manufacturer website for the make and model of your laptop, normally, all the drivers are listed on the support page for that model.
I would check your other drivers as well, assuming that the hard drive you installed on your laptop is not from the same model, there are probably going to be other drivers that are missing as well... right click my computer> manage> device manager> anything with a yellow exclamation point will need to be installed.

ritivik

Estimable
Aug 21, 2015

do you know where i might be able to find the driver

Check the manufacturer website for the make and model of your laptop, normally, all the drivers are listed on the support page for that model.
I would check your other drivers as well, assuming that the hard drive you installed on your laptop is not from the same model, there are probably going to be other drivers that are missing as well... right click my computer> manage> device manager> anything with a yellow exclamation point will need to be installed.

Solution