Laptop is slowly dying.

HamishKale_

Estimable
Aug 21, 2015
Laptop yesterday showed several error code such as Memory_managment error and Critical_Process_died error. I got it into safe mode and tried to update driver but it would only crash. I have all my personal folders backed up either in the cloud or on an external hardrive so tried to reset to factory settings but that didn't work as it said there was a problem. I upgraded to windows 10 last week. Now it won't even get past the acer start up screen!
HELP!!!

Boogieman_WD

Estimable
Jul 31, 2014
Hey there, HamishKale_.

If you can't go pass the laptop manufacturer's logo screen, it sounds more like a hardware issue rather than an OS one. You might have faulty RAM. But in cases like yours (where you can't even boot to Windows), it's best that you take the laptop to a service shop for diagnostics and see if the guys there can fix it (or return it for repairs if it's still under warranty).
On the other hand if you're able to boot to Windows somehow, take a look at this thread and the best answer: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-1915864/memory-management-error-windows.html. Follow through all the steps and you might find out what's causing this issue exactly.

Hope that helps.
Boogieman_WD