Laptop isn't very "cool" even after cleaning and applying thermal paste

ap0calypzeee

Prominent
Aug 28, 2017
So as stated in the Title, I found my laptop a bit heaty (~70C-80C) while working on it, (~80C-90C) while playing games, and (~60C) when idle.

I cleaned my laptop fan before and got a chunk of dust because it used to overheat shotdown (90C-100C). After cleaning it was running like a charm for like 2-3 months, then started giving the temps I stated in the beginning, so I thought that it's time to clean it again.

I cleaned it, found no dust, still same results, I renewed my thermal paste (It was as dry as stone) same result, I thought that I applied too much, tried applying again using a professional person, still same results.

My laptop fan is spinning, but there's no heavy airflow, just a tiny bit of air that wouldn't even push a piece of paper (but you can feel the air) and my fan isn't running on extreme noisy mode anymore (although I want it to! I don't mind noise if it's giving me FPS in return).

I do use a laptop cooling pad underneath my laptop.

My fan can't be controlled through BIOS or any other software, as it's 2-pin cpu/gpu fan.

-

My laptop is HP g6-1007x

Intel Core i3 380M @ 2.53GHz
Arrandale 32nm Technology

6GB DDR3 1066

Intel HD Graphics (First gen, so I guess 1000?)

I've been using it for good 5-6 years so far, and yes I do play somehow intensive games on it.

Any ideas how can I cool it down? or make my fan goes high speed again?

Thanks in advance!

ap0calypzeee

Prominent
Aug 28, 2017

Oh, I did think that it might be worn out, but wasn't quite sure cause it's still spinning (unlike the diagnoses I see around where the fan is completely not moving or moving/stopping) and mine goes into turbo mode only when I'm doing an Aida64 stress test.

And for the games, I really do squeeze every single drop of this PC :D
I play Skyrim, Cs:Go, Outlast, Tomb Raider (yes the 2013), Mirror's Edge, Remember Me, Assassin's Creed (1-2-3), League of Legends (a potato can run this, but still have to mention).
I think these names are enough to mention on how much I'm exhausting it.

TRENDING THREADS