Laptop keep on shuting after few minutes of use or if you try to access BIOS setting

sony_vaio

Commendable
Feb 23, 2016
Hi guys,

My laptop is sony vaio e series Model - vpceb22e with pre-instaled window 7.after run of 1 hr laptop shut down automaticaly without any warning or error message. initially i thought its heating issue so i cleaned the processor Fan ( which is working fine) and applied fresh thermal paste.
The thing is it starts normaly But with red blinking light for HDD and shut down after use of few minutes. i run couple of hard ware analysis test. which didnt come up with any error.
other issue if i try to access BIOS setting then as well it shut down abruptly.I have updated the BIOS version and changed the ram and HDD as well . Still issue persist .
Kindly help me with your opinion

Hi,

Does it shut down as well while connected to its AC adapter?
- Start by testing your AC adapter if it's supplying enough voltage.
- Next is to try to boot up your laptop without its battery and with just its AC adapter connected.
- If it stays on with just its AC adapter then the problem is the battery.
- If will still shutdown that could mean the problem would be the motherboard since as you mentioned it also does shut down in BIOS.

sony_vaio

Commendable
Feb 23, 2016

Hi, Thanx for the quick reply , well i have tried to run without battery on AC adaptr, it works normally , but if i try to acces BIOS setting then it shut down abrutly. i did this 2 -3 time with and without battery, everytime it did the same. one more thing , while getting on HDD light blinks red then turn to white...do it signifies anything.