laptop key doesn't work

helpme_yehet

Commendable
May 12, 2016
this happened to my old asus laptop with a bunch of letters, but that laptop was crappy & had several other problems so i just got a new one. well, imagine my surprise when two weeks later, my new dell laptop's keys stopped working too. it started slowly, with one letter not responding, but working again after repeated pressing. but it got worse, & now it never works anymore unless i click it repeatedly for at least ten minutes. after i've got it working, i must continue to click it otherwise five minutes later it'll be gone again. there has being incidences when it suddenly starts working, but only for a few minutes.
specifically letters ' a' 'z' shift 'q' '~' im not a technician so pls help me :3

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to uninstall/reinstall the keyboard driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the keyboard driver then reboot the laptop.
- After the reboot do test it again and see if it will work or not.
- And lastly, try connecting an external USB keyboard and see if everything will work normal using it.
- If it will work just fine that problem is that specific key only, try to dust off that key and see if it will work or not.
- Replacing the whole keyboard would be the only solution if all these will not work.
- Before considering on replacing the keyboard, do check the ribbon cable that connects the keyboard to the motherboard first if its loose or not. Try to disconnect the cable then reconnect it.