Laptop keyboard and touchpad

alexharwood

Estimable
Nov 20, 2015
Some keys on my laptop have stopped working all of a sudden, these keys are 1,3,q,t,u,p,],j and the numeric pad. I have not spilt anything nor have I damaged my laptop in any way. Why has this happened all of a sudden? As well as his my touchpad also stopped working a few days after the keys stopped.

My laptop is an Acer E5-511

Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try.
- Check keyboard language settings.
- Open Control Panel and look for Region and Language.
- Check all tabs if they are all set to United States.
- If that doesn't work, try pressing those following keys which are not working using your onscreen keyboard (Ease of Access look for Onscreen keyboard)
- Connect an external keyboard and see if the same problem will persist because if does you may need to consider on doing a complete Factory Reset cause it's a problem with your operating system.
- The touchpad problem should be fixed as well if it's just a software or driver issue after the factory reset.
- If don't want to perform the factory Reset just try an external mouse and keyboard first and see if they will work just fine.

Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try.
- Check keyboard language settings.
- Open Control Panel and look for Region and Language.
- Check all tabs if they are all set to United States.
- If that doesn't work, try pressing those following keys which are not working using your onscreen keyboard (Ease of Access look for Onscreen keyboard)
- Connect an external keyboard and see if the same problem will persist because if does you may need to consider on doing a complete Factory Reset cause it's a problem with your operating system.
- The touchpad problem should be fixed as well if it's just a software or driver issue after the factory reset.
- If don't want to perform the factory Reset just try an external mouse and keyboard first and see if they will work just fine.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Hard_to_Pronounce Laptop General Discussion 1
B Laptop General Discussion 2
S Laptop General Discussion 1
ferrmi Laptop General Discussion 2
H Laptop General Discussion 6
J Laptop General Discussion 0
7 Laptop General Discussion 3
S Laptop General Discussion 2
A Laptop General Discussion 2
L Laptop General Discussion 1
R Laptop General Discussion 1