Laptop keyboard and touchpad

alexharwood

Estimable
Nov 20, 2015
Some keys on my laptop have stopped working all of a sudden, these keys are 1,3,q,t,u,p,],j and the numeric pad. I have not spilt anything nor have I damaged my laptop in any way. Why has this happened all of a sudden? As well as his my touchpad also stopped working a few days after the keys stopped.

My laptop is an Acer E5-511

Solution
Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try.
- Check keyboard language settings.
- Open Control Panel and look for Region and Language.
- Check all tabs if they are all set to United States.
- If that doesn't work, try pressing those following keys which are not working using your onscreen keyboard (Ease of Access look for Onscreen keyboard)
- Connect an external keyboard and see if the same problem will persist because if does you may need to consider on doing a complete Factory Reset cause it's a problem with your operating system.
- The touchpad problem should be fixed as well if it's just a software or driver issue after the factory reset.
- If don't want to perform the factory Reset just try an external mouse and keyboard...
Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try.
- Check keyboard language settings.
- Open Control Panel and look for Region and Language.
- Check all tabs if they are all set to United States.
- If that doesn't work, try pressing those following keys which are not working using your onscreen keyboard (Ease of Access look for Onscreen keyboard)
- Connect an external keyboard and see if the same problem will persist because if does you may need to consider on doing a complete Factory Reset cause it's a problem with your operating system.
- The touchpad problem should be fixed as well if it's just a software or driver issue after the factory reset.
- If don't want to perform the factory Reset just try an external mouse and keyboard first and see if they will work just fine.

Solution