laptop keyboard issue

cheinric

Estimable
Aug 26, 2014
my Acer laptop keyboard has 2 letters that do not work..the M and space bar...what can I do"??
the laptop is 5 years old but still works good and is a backup to my newer HP laptop

Solution
You could try removing the keys and cleaning underneath, which could be the cause of your problem. Alternatively, you can purchase a cheap USB mechanical keyboard for use with it. As a last resort, you can replace the entire keyboard; this requires a little bit of technical knowledge, but there are plenty of how-to guides out there such as this one.
You could try removing the keys and cleaning underneath, which could be the cause of your problem. Alternatively, you can purchase a cheap USB mechanical keyboard for use with it. As a last resort, you can replace the entire keyboard; this requires a little bit of technical knowledge, but there are plenty of how-to guides out there such as this one.

Solution

Mimi78

Estimable
Jan 16, 2015

I have a similar issue with my asus laptop but the thing is, I already did put a mechanical keyboard in the usb drive and it still does the same... what could this mean? What do I do?