Laptop keyboard not working after boot or after sleep.

1991Sam1991

Honorable
Nov 15, 2013
When i boot my Dell XPS 9550 my keyboard doesn't work, when i press a key the backlight lights up but thats it. To get my keyboard to work again i have to reboot. But when i put my laptop to sleep and then wake it up the keyboard doesnt work anymore just like after the boot.

I have tried a clean install of windows 10 and only updated via windows update. In my device manager it doesnt show and yellow marks.
T42nFPI.png
Also under the keyboard section it shows 4 drivers.

I have tried the following:
Clean install (via usb)
reinstall drivers(via device manager)
In power plan options PCI Express >Link State Power Managment >Disable battery and plugged in.

Anyone knows a fix for this?
Thank you in advance.

1991Sam1991

Honorable
Nov 15, 2013
Yes, i uninstalled and then i rebooted.

adamzapart

Prominent
Jan 20, 2018
I have the same problem with keyboard in my dell xps 9550 and also in my case touch screen doesen't work after wake up from sleeping mode. I don't know how can I fix this problem. Maybe sb know what can I do?

Mar 9, 2018

I have had the same problem over the last couple of days. I've turned on off fast boot which has partly fixed the problem. I don't let it sleep anymore because I've been unable to find a fix

adamzapart

Prominent
Jan 20, 2018

In my case. Motherboard was replaced and it fix my problem.

Mar 9, 2018

urgh. Mine is out of warranty

fagetti

Prominent
Mar 1, 2018
Usually motherboard keyboard connector / controller fails then even external keyboard wont work. This situation like webworkings say is prolly keyboard which needs replacing. Maybe you spilled something on it

fagetti

Prominent
Mar 1, 2018
cleaning keyboard sometimes work also but you need to be careful when trying to clean it. post picture of keyboard connector high resolution and after removing keys from keyboard, cleaning it is a lot of work tbh