Laptop keyboard not working after cleaning (possible liquid damage)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mawlin

Commendable
Aug 31, 2016
Hi, so I have a serious problem. I've spilled some milk on the right side of my laptop's keyboard. I tried to dry it immediately then I flipped it, opened it to check for liquid inside but he was dry, after flipping back i noticed that very little moist came out, since the screen was almost dry. I turned it on and the keyboard was not working right. I pressed "O" and it would appear "OOI" this happened with every key from the middle to the right side. Then i took all of the keys out, cleaned them with alcool and put them back. All of them were working except for "Y". Then i started testing the num lock key and bam! The keyboard locked itself, nothing worked at all. (The num lock light was on). I restarted the laptop twice. And then the keyboard started working normally, but after 5 minutes it locked itself again and nothing would make it function! Please help me i have a thesis to finish this week and no computer Shop Will fix it in two days..
Thanks

Solution
You should never turn on a device after it has had liquid on/in it. Not until you are completely sure that all of it has dried up and been cleaning out. Which can take days. And in cases of certain liquids, milk included, it would need cleaning up after it dried out.

Since the keys are giving you trouble, then although you didn't see it, there is liquid in the laptop. You need to turn it off and leave it to dry, open, for days. Yes I said days. If you don't you risk frying the laptop.

Once it is actually dry, then it needs to be totally opened up and cleaned out. If you do not feel comfortable taking it totally apart, then I would suggest a tech.
You should never turn on a device after it has had liquid on/in it. Not until you are completely sure that all of it has dried up and been cleaning out. Which can take days. And in cases of certain liquids, milk included, it would need cleaning up after it dried out.

Since the keys are giving you trouble, then although you didn't see it, there is liquid in the laptop. You need to turn it off and leave it to dry, open, for days. Yes I said days. If you don't you risk frying the laptop.

Once it is actually dry, then it needs to be totally opened up and cleaned out. If you do not feel comfortable taking it totally apart, then I would suggest a tech.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.