After I spilled some tea on my Asus laptop the keyboard started acting weird, for example when I'd type 'S' it would act as if I typed 'S#]]}^'. Then it stopped working altogether. I've cleaned it and everything, then I disabled the laptop's keyboard and plugged in an usb one. It didn't work so I gave up but after a week I figured out it's time for a final test, and surprisingly it was as good as new. But then, after a few days, the usb keyboard would randomly stop working. It got to the point when it's only working when I'm playing a game, but outside the game, it's dead. I don't know what exactly the problem is and why sometimes it's perfectly fine but other times it's messed up. Could someone help me?
It could just be a driver problem with your USB connections.
- First do uninstall/reinstall the USB driver from Device Manager.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the USB controller drivers.
- Reboot your PC once uninstalled and it should reinstall the driver automatically.
- After the reboot, do test it again and if the same problem will persist try to disable the built in keyboard from Device Manager then test it.
- If all these will not work I would also suggest running a complete factory reset.
- How to do the Factory Reset: http/www.asus.com/ph/support/FAQ/1006133/