Laptop keys are not working properly

Dec 12, 2018
Hi, i have an old sony vaio (vgn fe48 gh) laptop that used to run perfectly (great fps with LoL, photoshop, 3ds max 2012, fl studio 12 they all ran with no problems), but when i got busy with studies i didnt use it for a while, few days ago i opened it to get a few files back from it then i came across this problem, some of the keys are not working(enter, q, e, t, i, left hand alt, pge down, g, ;, and the up arrow key) laptop keyboard keys are not working, if i spam them it kind of works then stops, its really frustrating bc i haven't gotten my new laptop bc my savings are not enough, this morning i was testing the keys one by one and they all started to work all of a sudden, few minutes later its back to normal, the keys are dead, i really would like some help because i have to use this laptop till i buy a new one.

also drivers are not the issue because they dont work in bios too.

NOTE: If you need to type in a password to even get into Windows to do the following, make sure you attached an external keyboard first, to get past the password. Then try the following... just make sure you disconnect the external keyboard while the system is reloading.

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
2. Reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver).
3. When it restarts, it should reinstall the driver on its own.

If this doesn't work, you may wish to try connecting/reconnecting an external keyboard and see if it works fine. If it does, then it could be the keys themselves that are the issue.

Additionally, if your device uses one, you may want to try updating the Synaptics Driver if the above doesn't help.

You may also want to check the device for malware, viruses, etc., which can interfere with normal operation.

Dec 12, 2018

did everything you said above, still no solution, please give me any other solutions

Dec 12, 2018

External keyboard works perfectly, and it just got its os freshly installed nothing but drivers installed.