Question Laptop lagging and Gpu running at 100% even the apps are running at 13fps

dunpd

Great
Mar 10, 2021
Hi there,
I have recently bought a Dell Inspiron 3593 and after few months it started lagging so badly even the apps and the browser were opening slowly.
Few days ago, i factory reset my whole laptop and even i had removed a virus BridleBuddlesServices.exe and the laptop is still lagging. When i am in a Zoom call or Google Meet When i press Windows+R it shows Fps=13 or some times Fps=5

In The Task manager The Gpu is showing 99%
Disk is showing 100%
Cpu,Memory is showing 86%

My Specs are:

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1065G7 CPU @ 1.30GHz 1.50 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (13.5 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Storage 2tb Hdd
I have Intel core i7 10th Gen and a NVIDIA graphics card

dunpd

Great
Mar 10, 2021
i gave to the dell warranty support 1 month ago and they said everything is fine but when i am using it is still hanging/lagging actually i gave to them 4 times but the problem still exists

Have you run the Dell diagnostic on your machine? Try that. I would also run a couple of offline virus scans. The built in WIndows Defender lets you do that and there are others you can download. Go to a different machine and download a bootable virus scanner using a USB stick and reboot your machine from the stick to run the diagnostic. Don't let the stick touch your machine when it is running--boot from power off directly from the stick. It's hard for viruses to hide from these kind of scanners but they can hide from scanners you just run on your machine as regular software. There is such a things as BIOS viruses (I know little about them) but I understand they are quite rare. I assume you are running in UEFI mode which provides more protection. BTW--is your BIOS at the latest revision?

If that fails, I would do a complete, clean Windows reinstall. Let me know if you don't know how this is done. Kind of a pain because you have to reinstall all your programs, but it should get rid of any left-over malware. It's unfortunate that a new machine has a HDD rather than a SSD. That change would make a large difference (for starting programs but not much for FPS). I'm not sure why slower frame rates are an issue for you with Zoom or Meet. I would expect these to be pretty low by design. If you do reinstall Windows, make sure you get all updates installed promptly.

That may work but won't if the restore partition on the drive is somehow corrupted. The surest way is to go to the MS website and download the Windows installer onto a USB stick (select the option to install on a different machine) I would make the stick on a different machine than yours if possible (just to be really paranoid....). Make sure you have a backup of your data, any install disks you need for programs and run BelArc advisor to record a copy of your Windows and other keys. Boot from that stick and do a clean install.

Once you complete the windows clean install, your old recovery partition will be gone. You will now have an install without all the vendor crapwear and can reinstall just what you want. This is an undertaking that is not for the faint of heart and will take a few hours of your time to do. Consider it a last resort. Lots can go wrong but you sound knowledgeable. Make sure you stay up to date with all updates. I've been running for years with only the built-in MS antivirus and and have never been infected. I am very careful about what I click on, however!

Try the first part of my suggestion above:
"Have you run the Dell diagnostic on your machine? Try that. I would also run a couple of offline virus scans. The built in Windows Defender lets you do that and there are others you can download. Go to a different machine and download a bootable virus scanner using a USB stick and reboot your machine from the stick to run the diagnostic. Don't let the stick touch your machine when it is running--boot from power off directly from the stick. It's hard for viruses to hide from these kind of scanners but they can hide from scanners you just run on your machine as regular software. There is such a things as BIOS viruses (I know little about them) but I understand they are quite rare. I assume you are running in UEFI mode which provides more protection. BTW--is your BIOS at the latest revision? "​
Here's the diagnostic info:
Search on "Offline virus scan" to find tools to perform that. Set your search to only cover the last year as this information changes frequently.

The Dell tool that came with your laptop (or you can download from the Dell support) will tell you if your Bios is up to date and fix it if it is not.

I would not recommend you try the clean install unless you are pretty confident. There is a lot that can go wrong.