Laptop lags while playing games when plugged in

Status
Not open for further replies.

sebincsebastian

Honorable
Nov 11, 2013
Hey guys, I have noticed that the laptop lags while playing games when plugged in. But when I play the same games on battery, they run just fine. Anyone faced this problem before? How do I stop this from happening?

Model- Lenovo G505 (59-380131)
cpu- apu A10-5750m
gpu- HD8570m

Solution

I had the same problem... but I solved it!!! First open the power settings, then click "change plan settings" beside the "balanced (recommended)" option. Then click "change advanced power settings" on the screen that appears. In the dialog box, scroll down and expand "Multimedia settings". Then expand "when playing video" and then change the "plugged in" option to balanced.

Hope this works!

silentplanner

Honorable
Oct 28, 2013

Lags usually happens on battery if power settings are set as power saving but if you set high performance that will down battery fast check your power settings when plugged in.

sebincsebastian

Honorable
Nov 11, 2013
It is not like that, When i play games while charging the cpu speed down to below 1Ghz. After i close the game then the cpu speed goes up to the maximum. What I am saying is when i launch any demanding application (games) then the cpu under-clocks its speed. If I remove the charger then everything going normal..

answergiver01

Honorable
Dec 22, 2013

I had the same problem... but I solved it!!! First open the power settings, then click "change plan settings" beside the "balanced (recommended)" option. Then click "change advanced power settings" on the screen that appears. In the dialog box, scroll down and expand "Multimedia settings". Then expand "when playing video" and then change the "plugged in" option to balanced.

Hope this works!

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.