Laptop making weird vacuum type sound

lol2364

Prominent
Mar 4, 2017
Hi,
I was going to switch off my laptop by holding the power button for a few seconds, and after I did this unexpected loud fan sound is coming from the computer. Is there anyway to fix this?

Solution
Sounds like it isn't off, but the screen may be. Holding the power button is not really the right way to turn them off. Many have settings that will put them in sleep or hibernation modes when you press the button.

Try pressing power again to see if it will wake back up. If not, you may have to cut the power to it completely, then once it is off, boot it back

Then you need to go into "Control Panel" and click on "Power Option". On the next screen click "Choose what the power buttons do". Once you have made your changes click the "Save Changes" button and you should be good.
Sounds like it isn't off, but the screen may be. Holding the power button is not really the right way to turn them off. Many have settings that will put them in sleep or hibernation modes when you press the button.

Try pressing power again to see if it will wake back up. If not, you may have to cut the power to it completely, then once it is off, boot it back

Then you need to go into "Control Panel" and click on "Power Option". On the next screen click "Choose what the power buttons do". Once you have made your changes click the "Save Changes" button and you should be good.

Solution