Laptop modding

thepcman117

Honorable
May 16, 2012
hey guys
i bought a Samsung Rf511 bout a yr ago, and i have done some case mods to it
i cut a hole and glued a grill on thwe bottom of the case so fresh cold air gets in and it droped my cpu and gpu temps while gaming from cpu max 95 down to 84 and my gpu temps max of 93 down to 79.

what i want to no is i put a switch on the laptop fan but it is a 3 pin and there are 3 wires, the red, black and white and when i cut the white on the fan like revvs up and down and wont go on full speed.

Please help

thepcman117

Honorable
May 16, 2012
i want to manually control the laptop fan cause the laptop gets quite hot and the fan doesnt kick in until it reaches 70 degrees, i want to put a switch in so i can either switch from 100% to auto.

po1nted

Honorable
Apr 4, 2012
There was nothing wrong with your laptop. All the tmps you mention are well within normal operating conditions. Like was mentioned above, the laptops are designed to cool a certain way and operate under specific max temperatures.

You are pretty much screwing your laptop up.

thepcman117

Honorable
May 16, 2012
already bought a u2 cooling fan, does nothing, then modded it by putting on more poerful fans , all it does is when the laptop is cooling down it help it cool down faster, and yeah brett, i have sorta researced that and figured that drawing hot air from the inside and puting it throught the heasing just heast it up and its just a *** continus circle it goes through, so now it sucks in cold air and also a bit of the hot air, and my temp have dropped really well, ill link u a vid of the switch thong i want to do, cheers everyone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCJlJB5_T8U