Question Laptop monitor died, external monitor not working.

Oct 1, 2020
I have a HP branded laptop, the model name is unspecified. The laptop specifications are:

CPU: AMD Athlon Silver 3050U
GPU: Integrated Radeon Vega 8 (I think)
RAM: 1x16GB 2666Mhz (Clocked to 2400) DDR4
Storage:
-Boot: 128GB M.2
-Other: 1TB 5400RPM Seagate Barracuda

Other Parts are unknown

I was attempting to wipe some hard drives from old laptops, but after doing so and re-assembling the laptop, the screen started to flicker (btw, yes i did unplug the monitor tape cable a couple times). After disassembling it again and tinkering with the cable more, to get a constant screen output, it eventually died. I tried plugging it into an external monitor (an old tv) via HDMI, and sadly that didn't work either, but in a weird way.

When the laptop is completely shut down and turned back on it shows the HP startup screen as it loads into windows, however before reaching windows login the display loses signal. This doesn't happen when the computer is powering on after being in sleep mode; no signal is outputted whatsoever. Occasionally after turning it on after complete shutdown it takes me to the windows OS troubleshooting screen, I have restart and continue to windows but it still lost signal at the HP startup screen. After closer inspection to the computer tape cable, I believe the pin connector(s) may have been damaged. I have gone to other posts who have a similar problem, but nothing seems to work.

Is there a way to fix this?