Laptop no detected audio device.

EndlessZone123

Commendable
Mar 3, 2016
I just got a new HP DB0125AU and the speakers stopped working (and audio jack). It was fine but once I had my programs installed and remove some bloatware, the speakers were no longer detected. I had force install a new radeon driver as the installed ones were very outdated, maybe this could have cause the issue. There is a 'System Speaker' listed under System Devices in Device Manager and i tried automatically detecting the drivers, downloading realtek sound drivers form the laptop downloads page but they did nothing. I have also updated the bios to what was on the website. I am not sure what I have screwed up or accidentally uninstalled but nothing from the download page worked.
https://support.hp.com/au-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-15-db0000-laptop-pc/20395843/model/22489619?sku=4NZ54PA

EndlessZone123

Commendable
Mar 3, 2016

Hi, I reseted the laptop and it is got all the original things installed, but the speakers still do not work. I do not know what to do now as I have spend hours looking for every fix. What else should i do? I am certain it has worked before as I played a youtube video on it before installing anything other than chrome.

When you go into "Control Panel" and then "Sound" on the "Playback" tab, try right clicking on the speakers and choose to set them as the default (it may have been changed). You should also try going through the "Properties" and check the "Levels" tab to make sure all are set to play at a level that you can hear.

Then, since you didn't mention if the sound has been tried only in the browser or also elsewhere, check the browsers sound settings as well.

If none of this works, I am at a loss. A new device should not give you problems and if you did a full restore of the entire system, then all should be as it was before you made the changes. In such a case I would really consider returning the device then as defective and have them replace it with a working one.

EndlessZone123

Commendable
Mar 3, 2016
The thing is. The laptop says no sound devices are pluged in. The sound icon in the task bar has a X and just dafaults to the automatic ‘Detecting Problems’ but that always tells me to ‘Plug in speaker, headset or headphone’. Which does not help. Inside ‘Sounds’ > ‘Playback, all there is is a ‘1 - Digital Display Audio’ ‘AMD High Definition Audio Device’ ‘Not Pluged in’.

I have spend over 4 hours installing drivers, scanning pc for corrupted stuff and basically every from the internet. I think i might get it replaced. I got it from JBHIFI and should be able to do it. Thanks for your help!