Question Laptop not charging while gaming

Aug 1, 2019
Hi, My acer aspire 5 a515-51g-58gi when plugged in and gaming(while running on nvidia mx150 dedicated graphics) stops charging and indicator LED starts blinking and After a few minutes of gaming around 20 mins or so the battery eventually runs out. I have tried several fixes even brought a new adapter but problem continuous. It only occurs when i run games on dedicated mx150 and not while running games off Integrated graphics.
Here are the things i tried,
i. New adapter
ii. battery diagnose found battery is healthy.
iii. tried resetting battery and battery driver from dev manager.
is there any fixes?
Thanks in advance

Sep 21, 2019
Hi, My acer aspire 5 a515-51g-58gi when plugged in and gaming(while running on nvidia mx150 dedicated graphics) stops charging and indicator LED starts blinking and After a few minutes of gaming around 20 mins or so the battery eventually runs out. I have tried several fixes even brought a new adapter but problem continuous. It only occurs when i run games on dedicated mx150 and not while running games off Integrated graphics.
Here are the things i tried,
i. New adapter
ii. battery diagnose found battery is healthy.
iii. tried resetting battery and battery driver from dev manager.
is there any fixes?
Thanks in advance
Greetings, I'm using 2017's Acer Aspire A515-51G, I have the exactly same issue here for more than a year. I've tried replacing my battery and sadly, the issue persists . If using a new higher amp/watt charger won't solve the problem, it have might be an issue with the charging port or the mx150 was damaged.

I'm suspecting that my mx150 was damaged as I've tried to mine crypto, months before the first time it stopped charging when gaming.

And YES, I'm still using my Intel 620 dedicated graphics to game.

Reactions: aj14_v
Aug 1, 2019
Greetings, I'm using 2017's Acer Aspire A515-51G, I have the exactly same issue here for more than a year. I've tried replacing my battery and sadly, the issue persists . If using a new higher amp/watt charger won't solve the problem, it have might be an issue with the charging port or the mx150 was damaged.

I'm suspecting that my mx150 was damaged as I've tried to mine crypto, months before the first time it stopped charging when gaming.

And YES, I'm still using my Intel 620 dedicated graphics to game.

greetings. Have you tried taking your laptop to a service center