Solved! Laptop not detecting GPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 11, 2019
I have MSI GV62 7RD 15.6inch Core i7 Gaming Notebook and recently it's not detecting my GTX 1050 GPU even though it clearly has one. Ive tried to reinstall The latest driver and the Geforce experience But every time I do it, there are 2 errors stating that 1.The NVIDIA driver is not compatible with this version of windows and 2.This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware. Ive tried pretty much everything to get my computer to detect my GPU and every time I check my device manager under display adapters it comes up with Intel(R) HD Graphics 630. What should I do?

Solution
No, the video chip is soldered to the motherboard. It's not like a desktop video card that can be removed.

Are you sure it was a code 45, not 43? Either way, that would indicate failing hardware. MSI may need to repair or replace the motherboard.
You might need to contact MSI support about this.

Update or reinstall the Intel Chipset driver and Intel Graphics driver, then try your NVidia driver. Since the laptop uses NVidia Optimus, it relies on the Intel driver - and make sure you're selecting the 1050 for notebooks driver, specifically.

Jan 11, 2019
I went through my device manager and managed to find the graphics card with a code 45, I don't know if my graphics card has fallen out or something along those lines. Is it possible for it to fall out without me even touching the computer hardware?

Status
Not open for further replies.