Question Laptop not displaying to internal monitor

Jun 18, 2019
Laptop is an Acer Aspire r3 131t-c1ew. Got new Screen for it as previous one got broken. When that wasnt working I had a bit more of a look and found that the screen cable itself had a few broken wires so assumed that to be the problem. Cable arrived today so i did the switch, but alas still no display. It still displays to external though. Iv gone through and checked to make sure there wasnt anything I missed and didnt find anything. Cant think of anything else that might be effecting it, hoping someone here can help shed some light on what the problem could possible be.

The replacement display, and cable, are you certain you stuck with the original ones and not an alternate? If an alternate, not the exact same ones as the originals, then that could be your problem. Just because a part says it will work, or has the same size, connection, etc., does not mean it will actually work.

Reactions: Renonziv
Jun 18, 2019
The replacement display, and cable, are you certain you stuck with the original ones and not an alternate? If an alternate, not the exact same ones as the originals, then that could be your problem. Just because a part says it will work, or has the same size, connection, etc., does not mean it will actually work.
The cable is the exact same yes. As for the screen, I ordered the exact same one (AU Optronics B116XTB01.0 11.6") but the model number on the screen i received was NT116WHM-N10. Thought they might have messed up so i gave the place a message through their website and they said its the right one and is compatible. Wasn't 100% happy with this but as long as it worked would've been fine. Could that be the issue?

It would likely be that it isn't a truly compatible part. I would see about getting it either exchanged for the correct one, or a refund and look for the correct one elsewhere. This is why I am not one for aftermarket parts. They often don't work correctly, especially with laptops.

Jun 18, 2019
Ended up talking to my flatmate after work today and he said that if the battery is still connected when you connect the screen, and you put it in on to much of an angle initially it can short out and potentially wreck the cable/screen/board. Whats your take on this?