Question Laptop not starting and slowly heats up

May 31, 2019
My laptop is not starting after switching power on.Earlier it used to happen occasionally,laptop fail to start and nothing comes on screen and slowly starts heating up.I used to switch it of and switch it back on after a few hours,it starts working again.But now it doesn't start all despite trying several times across several days.I already tried removing ac adapter,ram reset by removing battery and holding on power,ram remove and reinsert etc. but no luck.Shall i try changing thermal paste,how can i do it myslef.I dont want to give my laptop for repair as there is lot of sensitive data inside. Please help

I don't see changing the thermal paste as a help here. That would be if it was just overheating to try and get the temps down. However since it is already not starting at all, and you have checked quite a few things already, now you are looking at it needing testing.

I would take it to a tech to have the motherboard checked.

May 31, 2019
Ok...Thanks ... Since this problem was there initially and restarting laptop after a few hours got it back working i thought its a small problem