For some reason when I turn my notebook on it shows Lenovo logo for couple of seconds, and then shuts down. If I press the power button once again it shows Lenovo logo and a circular loading bar, but this time Windows starts.
What could be causing this? Its doing it every time and every day when I try to turn it on.
Hmm, that should shut it down correctly, but then again, 10 is weird.
Option 1... Manually disable Hybrid Shutdown.
1. Go to "Control Panel" and then "Power Options.
2. On the left side of the window click on "Choose what the power buttons do".
3. Make sure the "When I press the Power Button" option is set to "Shut Down".
4. Click "Save Changes".
5. You may also want to go into "Power Plans" settings and make sure none are ever set to do anything but shut down when the power button is pushed.
Option 2... Right click on Start
If you "right-click" the "Start button", you will get a long popup shortcut menu. In this menu you will see "Shut down or sign out" right near the bottom. Mouse over that option and then click "Shut down."
Option 3... Perform A Full Shutdown
Another way to turn off your laptop, without Hybrid Shutdown, is to perform a full shutdown.
1. Right-click on your Desktop.
2. Go to "New" and click on "Shortcut".
3. For “Type the location of the item,” input this:
shutdown -F -T ## -C “Your message here”
(## can be any number from 0 and 315360000, and “Your message here” can be any text you want.)
OR you can input this:
%windir%\System32\shutdown.exe /s /t 0
4. Click Next.
5. Name the shortcut whatever you like.
6. "Right-click" the shortcut on your desktop and click "Properties".
7. Change the the shortcuts icon to one you like. (You don't have to do this, but it does make it more noticeable if it has its own icon.)
8. Pin the shortcut to your "Start Menu" and now you can use it whenever you wish.
Thanks for the options but, unfortunately non of them work for me. Also I noticed if I turrn off my laptop now and turning back again it will boot up whitout any problem. But if I turn off and wait couple of hours and trying to turn on again it wont start for the first time just for the second time.......
Try turning off fast start up if your operating system is windows 10. I had the same problem with lenovo ideapad 700, turning off the fast start up resolved the issue. The problem is mostly likely occurring due to a driver error or conflict. You can find the ways to disabling the fast start up here : https/www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4189-turn-off-fast-startup-windows-10-a.html. I hope it solves your problem !