laptop or tablet for me?

omid76

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2012
Hello there,

I am not sure which one suit me better, laptop or tablet?

I will need it for entertainment purposes, mostly streaming, XBMC, youtube, … and also playing video file from an external hard drive.
HDMI connection for TV, it will be connected to the TV most of the times.
Very good and reliable Wi-Fi.

Thanks

Solution
I personally would go a tablet and use screen mirroring software like throw from sony. This will skip the need for wires but will need a compatible tv for it. You could also use chromecast if you have one to mirror the tablet if its a nexus device. I don't know if that support other manufactures.

Brianaaa

Honorable
Jan 23, 2014
Any would do fine... I don't think tablets connect to the tv tho, or do they? lol, your best bet is to go with a laptop even just a notebook or something if it is only for entertainment purposes.

misfitkid86

Honorable
May 23, 2012
the new nvidia tablet is out soon, is very powerful for a small tablet, has connections for tv use, and is part of nvidia's game stream service so you could even stream games to it if you wanted! it's the nvidia shield and it seems awesome.

I personally would go a tablet and use screen mirroring software like throw from sony. This will skip the need for wires but will need a compatible tv for it. You could also use chromecast if you have one to mirror the tablet if its a nexus device. I don't know if that support other manufactures.

Solution