Solved! Laptop overheated and stopped working

Jun 1, 2018
Hello! My Acer Aspire B suddenly stopped working while I was playing Fortnite. It was reaaaaaly hot. It won't turn back ok. It has happed once before while in the middle of the same game but after a few hours it turned on. What should I do?

Solution
You may need to leave it all day and overnight somewhere cool (but not fridge!).

Then I suggest you stop punishing it so much with gaming that it's evidently not designed for, otherwise it may need expensive repair.
Jun 1, 2018

OK but it is a gaming laptop, with nice specs for it. I'm really upset with the fact that it can't handle tasks it was made for.

ElectrO_90

Commendable
Jun 21, 2016
List us the specs of your machine also age.
Are you using anything to help cool it? Obviously, you are doing as Phillip says, working it way too hard. Just because you can get 140mph out of your car, doesn't mean it can do 140mph all day long.

Jun 1, 2018

Well I am not the " I Know perfectly what I am buying" kind of person. It is almost 2 years old.
I am not using any coolpad. For The specs, search Acer Aspire V5-591G on the internet.

ElectrO_90

Commendable
Jun 21, 2016
Now we know what it is, you have a semi-gaming laptop.
The main problem with these, is they aren't designed for gaming hardcore, because they don't have the fans to keep it cool enough.
You can try a cheap solution - Get a hair dryer, blow it into the laptop *obviously without the heat setting to force air into the computer)

Jun 1, 2018

So, am I covered under warranty?

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from lucamoiceanu2005 : "Laptop overheated and stopped working,"