Laptop overheating and underperforming since refresh.

Masayoshi Senshi

Estimable
Jan 1, 2015
So guys, I had a memory leak on a piece of software which I couldn't determine, so I decided just to refresh the laptop, which got rid of the memory leak. However now my computer runs games at a much higher temp than before (5-10 celcius higher) and also seems to be getting much lower frames on all games from War Thunder to Advanced Warfare.

Any advice would be appretiated. I will give any information that I can that is needed.

When was the last time you too the bottom panel off on cleaned out all the pet hair, cookie crumbs, lint, dust etc.

Check your power profile for any changes that you may have made before but that you didn't after restoring

Some laptops have a key combo that you can use to fun the fans at full speed, check your manual.

Masayoshi Senshi

Estimable
Jan 1, 2015
The overheating isnt too much of an issue as it is still within safe boundaries, but it is definately higher than before and games are running not as well (main thing), the laptop is fairly new so i havent ever removed the lower panel yet, however i will look into this. I will also check all my power profiles (its an MSI)