Laptop Overheating & Fan Issues

ComputerCurious21

Honorable
Dec 4, 2013
Hi,

I got a HP 2000-2b49WM, i feel over the keyboard and it gets hot.
I was also feeling near the intake and outtake and i don't barely feel any air.
But i hear the fan rotating inside the laptop. I opened up the laptop and got to
its mobo, where the fan the located. I cleaned the keyboard,fans,and heatsink fins.
It has a AMD E-300 APU and its on the low-end. I only do a little FPS gaming on it and it performs alright. Ranging around 30-70 fps. I'm pretty sure my laptop is overheating because the fan isn't performing as it should, that's why i cleaned it.

Why does my fan only push a very little unnoticeable air?

ComputerCurious21

Honorable
Dec 4, 2013

I tried the program you posted, it read at about 50 Celsius. On idle, on-load in games about 60+ Celsius.

I admittedly know nothing about your particular processor, but those temps don't seem too out of line to me.
The Intel cpu on my laptop in my sig idles in the low forties itself, and ASUS ROG laptops are considered to have one of the best cooling systems in the business. And if memory serves, I recall reading that AMD processors tend to run somewhat warmer than their Intel equivalents. I dunno. MAYBE a repasting of your APU would help a little (a few degrees). But I don't think your temps are anything to be alarmed about (but perhaps annoyed by). Hopefully someone else will chime in with their opinion on the subject.

P.S. Just a thought: There might be downloadable fan control programs that would allow you to step up the RPMs of your fan from its "normal" speed, adding additional airflow. I have no experience with them, though.

ComputerCurious21

Honorable
Dec 4, 2013

Another thing, my GPU is the hottest out of the whole bunch. Its probably because it has no fan, just a heatsink... And thermal paste.

I'm lost. An APU is simply AMD's term for a CPU with integrated graphics, as opposed to a discrete GPU, right? Your laptop only has an APU, correct? If so, I would have thought you'd have no temp shown for GPU, but I've never dealt with these before.

ComputerCurious21

Honorable
Dec 4, 2013

When i opened the laptop, i seen another chip with silicone next to the CPU. It only had a heatsink and thermal paste.
I decided it was the GPU even though APUs have integrated GPUs.