Laptop powers off after unplugged

CloudSmoker69

Commendable
Aug 24, 2016
Hello first post here :D,

currently using an asus rog g751jt-ch71 and damaged my charger by accident. :(

Recently I have noticed the battery wear has increased on hw monitor and now it has gotten so severe that my laptop turns off after being unplugged.

Also I cannot replace the battery as it cannot be removed.

Cheers lads :)

Solution
Then I don't really understand your question.

You are still operating with the damaged charger and you expect it to... still work properly? Eh... may I state the obvious, until the new charger arrives, your battery will continue to deplete and I see little reason for you to obsess about it.
So you have TWO issues.

Issue 1: Broken charger, so did you buy a new one, a genuine one from the laptop's vendor like the original? Explain how it was damaged.

Issue 2: Battery. How old is this laptop/battery? Do you know much charge cycles it has? Does it look like it's charging normally when plugged in?

CloudSmoker69

Commendable
Aug 24, 2016
Thanks for the replies, the charger has not yet arrived. It was damaged due to it accidentally being cut in the middle now the wires within are exposed

The laptop battery is about 15 months old and I always keep it plugged in so it hardly ever went below 90%. When it's plugged in now it says not charging and most of the time the battery tab near the mousepad flashes orange.

Then I don't really understand your question.

You are still operating with the damaged charger and you expect it to... still work properly? Eh... may I state the obvious, until the new charger arrives, your battery will continue to deplete and I see little reason for you to obsess about it.

Solution