Laptop => Projector : wirelessly transmit?

sbi85

Estimable
Jun 9, 2014
Hey guys,

I have an older HD projector (BenQ W700) that uses HDMI cables. It became more and more of a burden to plug in a laptop every time we want to watch something.

Is there any good/recommended solution that will enable me to transmit the data to the projector wirelessly? So a tool that would replace the HDMI cable with with a wireless transmitter?

Is so can you recommend me good products for this purpose?

Thanks a lot

sbi85

Estimable
Jun 9, 2014

This is intersting, but I would not really need quite a complex solution like this. I only want to hook up one laptop with one projector. Not creating a whole video streaming hub.
Is there like a wifi or blutooth dongle that allows the laptop to send a video to the projector directly? So just replacing one cable and that's it.

So maybe something like this is closer what I would need?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Currently-connecting-movies-Player-replace/forum/Fx1UAM4A6AMFCM/Tx3MBG69LR22X3L/1/ref=cm_cd_dp_aar_al_a?_encoding=UTF8&asin=B00OXFEAN6

sbi85

Estimable
Jun 9, 2014

I looked into it more and Google's Chromecast would pretty much do the same job?

so apart from mirroring the screen of PC,tablet, phone it can run apps as well.
Am I understanding it correctly? Anyone used one of those?

edit: I just realised that even if I replace the HDMI cable to the projector I would still need to plug the speaker jack into the laptop anyway. So unless I get Blutooth speakers the setup I would want is not feasible.