laptop randomly shuts down for no reason.

thebest21445

Estimable
Sep 1, 2015
i got this brand new gigabyte p55k laptop. i dont even know why it randomly shuts down because my battery is completely fine and is full and it does not seem damaged in anyway. my temperatures are completely fine even in games my gpu gets to 80c and it doesnt shut down. my cpu gets to about 65c when gaming so everything seems to be fine. im pretty sure its not a damaged cpu or motherboard because it would just not turn on if its damaged so i dont even know what is wrong with this. is there like a hardware scan to diagnose my hardware for free? fyi my computer only shuts down at random times. mostly surfing the web.

Full Specs:
intel core i7 5700hq 3.5ghz locked
gtx 965m 2gb gddr5 overclocked slitghtly +50mhz core +250mhz memory
8gb ddr3L 1600mhz 1x
1920x1080p display 60hz
1tb hitachi hdd 7200rpm

Solution
Hi,

Here are some test and troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Start by testing the AC adapter just to make sure it's supplying enough voltage to power and charge the laptop or better yet try another AC adapter then observe it.
- Next is to run Windows Update and install all important update there is.
- Also if you're running Windows 10 now run a BIOS update from the manufacturers site.
- Here's the link: http://www.gigabyte.ph/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5434#bios
- Also do reseat the RAM just to be sure everything is in place properly.
- If all these will not work do contact Gigabyte right away since it's brand new it shouldn't be doing that.
Hi,

Here are some test and troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Start by testing the AC adapter just to make sure it's supplying enough voltage to power and charge the laptop or better yet try another AC adapter then observe it.
- Next is to run Windows Update and install all important update there is.
- Also if you're running Windows 10 now run a BIOS update from the manufacturers site.
- Here's the link: http://www.gigabyte.ph/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5434#bios
- Also do reseat the RAM just to be sure everything is in place properly.
- If all these will not work do contact Gigabyte right away since it's brand new it shouldn't be doing that.

Solution