Laptop randomly switched off

wanuwout

Commendable
Mar 29, 2016
Hi guys, some days ago my laptop randomly switched off, and then it won't turn on. Black screen, no leds and no fans. No signs of life. Tried removing all the parts and then fire it up, but still no luck. also, there is one strange thing. Usually, my charger will give out 19.5 V, but when plugged in, it will still giving out 19,5 V until i press the power button. After pressing the power button, it drops to about 1.0 V. Does anyone from this awesome community has something to suggest?

MSI GP70 2PE Leopard,
Motherboard: MS-175A

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- Start by doing a hard boot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- Next to try is to remove the battery off the laptop then try booting it up with just the AC adapter connected.
- If it will still shut down by itself do try a different AC adapter then see if the same problem will persist or not.
- If a different AC adapter will work normally that tells you that the AC adapter is already faulty.
- But if using a different AC adapter will also have the same problem that means the problem is in the motherboard.
- Do open the laptop and check if there are any burnt solder that can be the cause of the problem.

Hopefully this will help. :)

wanuwout

Commendable
Mar 29, 2016

Hi, thanks for response. Already tried different adapter, but i guess it doesn't have enough power to run the computer. Mine is 19.5 V and about 6 amps, the other one is 19,5 V and 2 amps. The other adapter didn't drop power when i press the power button, but i'm not sure if my adapter(the 6 amps one) is dead because other laptops run fine from it. Only mine won't turn on. Also i tried different combinations of battery and charger, still nothing. Laptop won't give any signs of life at all. Opened laptop, there are no signs of anything burnt. The text is kinda mess, i hope you understand what i'm trying to say.