Laptop recommendation for Skyrim

Patrick Lewis

Estimable
Jan 24, 2016
Hello Everyone,

I hope that this is the right place to ask this question.

I am looking for a laptop that can run Skyrim on reasonably high settings with good frame-rate, and Fallout 3 on high settings and good fps.
I'd also love if, in the future, I can run fallout 4 on low setting with alright fps.
I have been looking around and because my budget isn't very large, I have been wary of the laptops I view in case they might not be powerfull enough.

So what do you guys think of this one?
http://touch.adverts.ie/laptops/gaming-laptop-with-ssd/9577104

Cheers, Patrick

Solution

RAM won't make it run better in games much.

For Fallout 4 you want an 860m/960m class video card for decent settings and Skyrim on Medium or higher. 840m/940m video card if you are ok with low settings.

Issue with laptops, small budget no way to get good speed unless you find a used one with a decent video card. For $500 you can build a usable gaming desktop with new parts, for $500 you won't get a gaming laptop new, but used should be able to pretty easily.

Gingerbread

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2009
So my laptop is pretty much the same, 8gb ram 1333hz, i7-2630qm and gt 555m but the underclocked version which is almost the same as the 540m, and I can say skyrim runs pretty well around 50-60 fps on low, but for fallout 4, meh not really playable with 20-30 fps in my opinion.

RAM won't make it run better in games much.

For Fallout 4 you want an 860m/960m class video card for decent settings and Skyrim on Medium or higher. 840m/940m video card if you are ok with low settings.

Issue with laptops, small budget no way to get good speed unless you find a used one with a decent video card. For $500 you can build a usable gaming desktop with new parts, for $500 you won't get a gaming laptop new, but used should be able to pretty easily.

Solution