Solved! Laptop recommendations / advise: Dell XPS 15 (9560) VS Lenovo Yoga 720

Mar 3, 2018
Any recommendations / advise between the:

Dell XPS 15 (9560) - 15.6 Infinity Edge Touch Display, Core i7 – 7700HQ, 16GB DDR 4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050, 512 GB SSD

Vs

Lenovo Yoga 720 - 15.6” IPS Borderless Multitouch, Core i7 – 7700HQ, 16GB DDR 4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050, 512GB SSD

Besides the similar specs, what are the actual performance and ergonomics like? I will mainly use them for office work, design work and casual gaming

Or should I wait for the XPS 15 (9575 / 9570)? Anyone know when the release date and how much the XPS 15 (9575 / 9570) will be?

Solution
Dell is crazy expensive for the same specs....$2,100 vs. $1200 (Yoga Best Buy price.) Dell has better thunderbolt ports, two full speed thunderbolt ports. Lenovo has one half speed port. Neither offers a full SD card slot...shame. Dell has brighter screen with wider color gamut. Dell has stupidly placed camera at bottom of screen. Dell has thinner bezels and is slightly smaller as a result. Dell build quality feels much more solid...higher end. Dell uses standard n-trig pen. Yoga uses Wacom AES version of n-trig. They are basically equivalent, but the Dell is compatible with more pens. In the end, I didn't think the advantages of the Dell were worth the additional $900.
May 9, 2018
i've been brooding about the exact same choice, for the last couple of days...

there's 2 significant differences between the two:

1) dell is more expensive
2) dell has with 97 Wh instead of Lenovo's 72 Wh a longer lasting battery

I couldn't find out what exact hardware components are built in the Lenovo, so there's not really a point in trying to compare those.
There are different opinions about the stability of the case. I've seen many broken lenovo thinkpad cases, but to be fair, there are just so many Thinkpads.
On the other hand, if the Dell is a convertible, that i0d rather go with the Yoga, because they started this whole trend. Lenovo has much more experience in creating such hardware, while Dell (correct me if I'm wrong) just started with it. I wouldn't go with a newly launched model series, there could always be a lot of weaknesses that only become apparent with time.

May 13, 2018
Dell is crazy expensive for the same specs....$2,100 vs. $1200 (Yoga Best Buy price.) Dell has better thunderbolt ports, two full speed thunderbolt ports. Lenovo has one half speed port. Neither offers a full SD card slot...shame. Dell has brighter screen with wider color gamut. Dell has stupidly placed camera at bottom of screen. Dell has thinner bezels and is slightly smaller as a result. Dell build quality feels much more solid...higher end. Dell uses standard n-trig pen. Yoga uses Wacom AES version of n-trig. They are basically equivalent, but the Dell is compatible with more pens. In the end, I didn't think the advantages of the Dell were worth the additional $900.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS