Laptop Restarted while playing a game. Getting Bad Performance now

burninglion22

Prominent
Dec 31, 2017
Hello,this happened a few days ago..
I bought a laptop with the specs being decent for gaming as its gpu being better than a gt 1030 so i thought i could play games on it.Everything worked fine until i tried a more demanding game,the menu was working fine no problem but..When the game loaded my laptop restarted and i opened the game back up in the menu it had 15 fps,i changed the video settings still 15 fps,the game loaded and i had 15 fps.I Tested a few games on it and after the restart incident happened...My games were on low settings with frame drops between 30 fps to 20 and they were games that my gpu should handle no problem.
The specs of the laptop are
Integrated GPU: R7 Graphics
Dedicated GPU: RX 540
CPU: AMD A12 9270P quad 2.7Ghz
MOBO: BR Wartortle_BS
RAM: 4 GB 931MHz
Please guys help me i find no fix whatsoever.

thelemon27

Prominent
Oct 4, 2017
Looking at the specs the only reason this was marketed as a gaming laptop was the built in readon graghics, but there is no dedicated vram or a dedicated gpu so this is really a minimal increase without a gpu. If you want to game look for a pc with the requirments

Processor: 3.0ghz+ quad core

Graphics card: 2gb of dedicated vram (gt 1030 is good rederence)

Ram: atleast 8gb, preferably 16gb

Motherboard: any mobo that gets the job done with room to work, dont get cheap mobo though

Hard drive: atleast 72000rpm and 500gb+

Power supply: atleast 500watts for low spec builds but 750watts is a safer bet , bronze 80+

Meet these requirments to garentee atleast medium settings across the board at 60fps. But an old pc can work as a foundation for a gaming pc. If uts not too old you may be able to use the mobo, ram, case and hdd if you were to build a gaming pc.
If youd like i can get you a list of parts which cost around $450 and is a medium end gaming pc

burninglion22

Prominent
Dec 31, 2017

there is something u dont understand...
It has 2 gpus an integrated one and a dedicated... the dedicated one being the RX 540 and the integrated one is the R7 graphics.
What ur reccomending me is worse than my laptop (a gt 1030 srsly? http://gpuboss.com/gpus/Radeon-RX-540-vs-GeForce-GT-1030 )and the laptop was cheaper than the price u said
The cpu has a turbo boost
The Ram doesn't make that much of a difference because i am not one of those "guys" that are only interested in the graphics of a game,so medium settings would be enough for me but what im interested in is the fps
oh and also i am not looking to play giant games because if i were i could've made my own desktop rig
and i have to say the rig ur reccomending me is a bad decision if i were u i would change the quad core to an i3 with a gtx 1050(maybe ti)

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from burninglion22 : "Performance Problem with games"

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from burninglion22 : "Im having problems with my performance in games"

burninglion22

Prominent
Dec 31, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from burninglion22 : "My laptop has bad performance issues.Please help!"

Hello people that are reading this..
So i was playing a game and it opened up fine,i was on the max graphics on 720p and the menu was working perfectly but once the game loaded my laptop restarted and in the menu i had 15 fps no matter the settings and in the game as well.
My laptop is a Acer Aspire A515 41G
the specs are:
Integrated GPU: R7 Graphics
Dedicated GPU: RX540
CPU: A12 9720P Quad Core 2.7GHz
MOBO: BR Wartortle_BS
RAM: 4GB 931MHz

I really need help because this problem is irritating and i can't play games that should work with no problems on my pc

burninglion22

Prominent
Dec 31, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from burninglion22 : "Unlogical Decrease in laptop performance"

A few days ago i bought a new laptop for gaming and i played some games on it,everthing worked fine but...
I tried playing dying light enhanced edition and the menu worked fine but when the game loaded my laptop restarted and i opened the game back up,i had 15 fps in the menu no matter the settings and the same ingame.
The specs:
CPU: AMD A12 9270P 2.7GHz
Int GPU: R7 Graphics
Ded GPU: RX540
RAM: 4 GB
Some games work how they're supposed to work i think...
Games like Warframe work fine at max graphics 1080p and capped at 60 fps but then there's Terraria which has 24 fps max,Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 which has 34 fps max....
If it helps my laptop is an Acer Aspire 5 A515 41G
What should i do i think that it's because of the temp but i cannot be sure

EDIT:I think i might've found the problem!
I looked at msi afterburner while i was playing and the GPU clock and memory clock weren't how they were supposed to be,they went at max in some situations but then they dropped down to either 600 or 300 MHz
and the maximum temp was 61

burninglion22

Prominent
Dec 31, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from burninglion22 : "Performance problem with games on good laptop"

Hello,i bought a new laptop and i could run games with no problem but when i tried running Dying Light Enhanced Edition after the game had loaded my laptop restarted and after i opened the game back up again i had low fps in the menu no matter the settings and ingame as well...
The specs of the laptop are:
AMD A12 9270P 2.7GHz
R7 Graphics and RX540
4GB of ram
and if this helps
Br Wartortle BS

Does anyone have a fix for this or has this ever happened to anyone?
Please help this is frustrating because i play games that should work with no problem at 20 or 30 fps...
Thanks for your help in advance