Laptop restarts randomly at 80% or 60% battery

ZigZag21

Commendable
Jul 21, 2016
Hi. My laptop Acer v nitro black edition randomly restarts at 80% and 60% battery when I'm using it on battery power, this happens since the day I got it, I thought it was just an update restart so it didn't bother me, and I usually use it plugged in, specially when I'm gaming. I noticed the problem when I had to take it out on the field at work. It restarts every few minutes. Please help. Thanks in advance.

Solution
I would suggest restarting/starting the laptop in "Safe Mode" and see if you get the same problem. I would hazard a guess that you won't. If that is the case (no more restarts) then something added to the device is the cause.

From here I would suggest checking for any 'bad' programs, drivers needing updates, etc.
I would suggest restarting/starting the laptop in "Safe Mode" and see if you get the same problem. I would hazard a guess that you won't. If that is the case (no more restarts) then something added to the device is the cause.

From here I would suggest checking for any 'bad' programs, drivers needing updates, etc.

Solution