Laptop running alot slower then it should be

krackinwise

Estimable
Nov 17, 2014
Hi, I bought a new laptop or my wife this past Christmas it is a CyberPowerPC Fangbook III hx6-100

Here are some specs:
Windows8.1
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4810MQ Mobile Processor 2.80 GHz
MEMORY: 8GB (8GBx1) DDR3-1600 SODIMM Memory
VIDEO: NVIDIA GTX 860M 4GB PCIe
HDD: 1 TB 7200RPM SATA300 Hard Drive

The laptop runs slow doing very basic activities. Just surfing threw facebook or on pintrist pages seem to load very slow or not at all. I also ran these same pages on my laptop which is not even as good and the loaded just fine. Also note there is not very much on this laptop. Few games at most and some pictures. She has more then 70% of her hard drive available and she doesn't even run more then 1 or 2 web pages up at the same time.

We ran a virus test using MacAfee and it came up clean. Is there anything I can do to see what is bogging this system down. Any help would be greatly appreciated, im really hoping there Is some simple im missing here and hoping I did not buy her a dud.

pioneeraaron

Estimable
Feb 28, 2014
Maybe too many services are running in the background. Try disabling a few that are not important.
Press windows key + R and after the run windows opens type : msconfig

go to startup and disable that are not required or important. This should help a bit. I think its a bit different for Windows 8.1. You can access your startup in Task manager itself by pressing ctrl + alt + del