Laptop Screen back-light turns off when brightness is not set to maximum

Ma7moud90

Commendable
Aug 23, 2016
Hello, I have an acer aspire E5 and its screen became faulty so I bought 1 and replaced it, made a factory reset and re-installed windows only to find that the screen works perfectly only when the brightness is set to max... when i try to decrease the brightness the back-light shuts off immediately.

Regards,
Mahmoud

I really don't think it is software. However, you could check the power option settings. Perhaps something is set to make the screen dim?

Another hardware that should be check would be the Inverter? They are pretty cheap to replace, and can cause a backlighting issue.

Try this...

1. Go to "Control Panel" and then "Power Options".
2. Next to the plan you are currently using click "Change Plan Settings".
3. Now click "Change Advanced Power Settings".
4. Locate and click on "Display" and then on "Enable Adaptive Brightness".
5. It should have an option for both "On Battery" and "Plugged In".
6. Change both to "OFF", unless you want it to do it when say "On Battery".
7. Click "OK" and exit all the shown screens.
8. Restart the laptop and you should be good.

Ma7moud90

Commendable
Aug 23, 2016

Unfortunately, it is already set to off..
I really appreciate your help however.

Ma7moud90

Commendable
Aug 23, 2016

Actually I have double checked... everything is in place. any more ideas to diagnose this software-wise?

I really don't think it is software. However, you could check the power option settings. Perhaps something is set to make the screen dim?

Another hardware that should be check would be the Inverter? They are pretty cheap to replace, and can cause a backlighting issue.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Thanh Hai Nguyen Laptop Tech Support 2
ankvaria Laptop Tech Support 0
J Laptop Tech Support 5
D Laptop Tech Support 0
C Laptop Tech Support 1
F Laptop Tech Support 4
B Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 5
H Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 1