Laptop Screen coming off the "Dock". What next?

Jaskaran

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2011
Hello All

Recently I discovered that the screen of my laptop is coming off from the "dock". The photos below demonstrate the problem....

uAak7.jpg

Sqhae.jpg

I purchased this laptop from Newegg.ca in September 2015. I handle this laptop with extreme caution (an experienced and organized computer user). No i did not drop it or hit it with anything, not even accidentally (i take extra care of that). So I have no idea how this happened. I just noticed it right now at time of writing this post a few minutes ago.
Laptop Model: ASUS K501LX-EB71

Please suggest what should I do next. Can I claim warranty somehow? I only have standard default Newegg warranty. And yes, otherwise screen works fine.

Solution
That right hand hinge is twisted out of true. The supplier would probably say you've been opening and/or closing the lid by pulling it up and down on the right instead of the middle.

The always think of something they can blame you for but it's worth sending it back and trying.
That right hand hinge is twisted out of true. The supplier would probably say you've been opening and/or closing the lid by pulling it up and down on the right instead of the middle.

The always think of something they can blame you for but it's worth sending it back and trying.

Solution

Jaskaran

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2011

Ah... thanks for reply. Although I am about to contact asus; but in an event that I have to manually take it to some repair shop or asus (paid repairing and such), how much do you think this would cost to repair?

EDIT: Thankfully they agreed to RMA

TRENDING THREADS